Exciting Benetech Leadership News!

We have a great addition to our leadership team at Benetech. Betsy Beaumon, formerly of BEA Systems and numerous other high tech roles (including founding her own social enterprise in the 1990s), has joined us as our new Vice President and General Manager of Literacy Programs. The press release on the appointment has much more detail.

I'm particularly excited about Benetech's continued strengthening of our management team. Over the past couple of years, the growth of Bookshare has enabled us to bring on managers like Lisa Friendly, John Crossman, Reuben Firmin and Betsy Burgess. That's in addition to longer term Benetech leaders like Patrick Ball, Barbara Morrison, Jane Simchuk and Teresa Throckmorton. Having this kind of managerial bench allows us to take on new enterprises, and deepen and extend the reach of our current projects.

For me, this means I can invest more of my time in imagining the future of Benetech. We're in an unusual position this year to still be growing thanks to incredible support from our supporters and customers. Over the last year, I've spent half my time just on Bookshare, but Betsy Beaumon's arrival will allow me to worry less about the day-to-day operations, while gaining a partner for strategizing the future of our Literacy programs. While I remain committed to Bookshare's success, I look forward to spending more time supporting our expanding human rights and environmental programs!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go, Jim, Go! I am so impressed with the directions you're taking for social good. I'm proud to have been a member from the first opening to the public. Eager to see where you've taken Beneficent Tech 5 years from now--I trust you will continue to dream globally. Individuals don't know when the critical mass towards peace will be reached: you may be the one to lead us there.

Popular posts from this blog

Vinod Sena in memoriam

Bringing Millions of Books to Billions of People: Making the Book Truly Accessible

Skoll World Forum: My Annual Heart-Mind Feast